Thursday 3 July 2008

thumbs up for haggis

The English would do well to take a leaf out of the Scots' book, and follow in the footsteps of Cardinal Keith Patrick O'Brien, who has written to every MP to oppose the HFE Bill at Report Stage, ICN reports.

The proposed amendments to the Bill, if passed, will make abortion more easily available, allowing 'abortion on demand' - with the signature of only one doctor - and abortions performed by nurses and midwives.

Cardinal O'Brien said: "I would hate to think that as I myself grow older, I will look back at the passage of the legislation and ask myself whether or not I did everything possible to fight for the right to life of the unborn."

Write to your MP urging him or her to oppose the HFE Bill amendments at Report Stage. Quote from the Cardinal's letter here.

Report Stage and Third Reading of the HFE Bill have now been assigned to July 14th.

See Fr. Ray too.

No comments: